DOT Meeting Recap
– The DOT is focused on older studies and traffic, instead of new ideas
– The meeting itself was amicable and showed that we are willing to work with the DOT
– DOT only presented bike and pedestrian options, not road options
– We will discuss our Grand Statement and present to the City Council as recommendations
– If the recommendations are approved, we will have an official on record supporting the SCC recommendations
Action Items / Group Progress
– Justin will handle ALL media request. There will be times that the SCC might not have a comment or might not be able to meet the medias request for an interview but Justin will handle.
– The SCC main meeting are every 2 weeks on Tuesday. Kerri will send out reminder emails and if you can not attend please advise. Meeting will not be cancelled as there are always at least 4 / 5 of us that can attend.
– Committee Meetings are to be held as often as the Chair can schedule them, it can be every other month, it’s up to the Chairs discretion.
Steering Committee Public Follow Up
– With nothing to really report, we suggest that if people are interested in what the happens have been to see the SCC website. It has the most up to date information, including meeting minutes.
– The PCA can invite any one of the members of the SCC to come and speak on behalf of their group (Justin on behalf of GoBike, etc.) Because we are a coalition we can all speak on the progress we feel we are making, it doesn’t have to be the Steering Committee alone addressing the public.